Ben - BI Analyst
- Over 16-year career in Information Technology with 10+ years specializing in data/data warehouse consulting with fortune 500 clients such as: Bank of America, MBNA Bank, Farmers Insurance, Disney ABC, & Sony.
- Kimball University Alumni – ETL Architecture in Depth, Data Warehouse Lifecycle in Depth, Dimensional Modeling.
- Knowledge of 9+ databases: Oracle, MS SQL Server, Teradata, Sybase, Unidata, Informix
- Expert level proficiency with the IBM Cognos suite of Business Intelligence tools.
- Implementation experience with the Informatica Velocity methodology
- Deep understanding of complex SQL queries and query design.
- Experience with database at and beyond the terabyte level
- Advanced understanding of financial data and systems such as: General Ledger, Chart of Accounts, Contracts and Grants, Purchasing and Accounts Payable, Materiel Management, Capital Asset Management.
- Experience in all phases of the Agile methodology
- A team-mentor for ETL best practices and data process flow design.
- Extensive work in Virtual Environments, VM-Ware, Citrix Server, Parallels
- Extensive Web and UNIX environment development
Client: Disney ABC Domestic Television - Burbank, CA Role: BI Specialist
- Rescued a million dollar “failed” project by reconstructing over 6 years of data
- Analyzed iTunes e-commerce store front data to help provide daily sales figures and data insight into customer behavior.
- Established departmental standards for Cognos reporting.
- Built Sales and Cash Receipt reports sales for executive leadership.
- Analyzed existing iTunes data mart and staging database, diagnosed issues, and created content for ETL flows, DDL, table structures, and data.
- Researched iConnect for data warehouse data source viability and amassed current historical data repository into a unified whole, setting up MD5 checksum logic to enforce data integrity
- Created numerous workflow and Powerpoint tutorials to help describe various best practices and the current environment layout
- Setup QA workflows, built logical/physical data models, built the data dictionary for the EDW
- Gathered requirements to ensure current reports meet expectation and are compliant
- Extracted data, created ETL data source field definition and iTunes meta-data source documentation
- Architecting iConnect meta-data extraction process to enrich the current product catalog provided from iTunes enabling more accurate sales figures
- Worked with Project Manager to create, resolve, and reduce TFS support tickets
- Utilized Agile methodologies in rapidly constructing, testing, and successfully delivering content