Gentis Solutions is looking for passionate, driven, IT experts in the Business Analysis domain. In particular, we are looking for career Business Analysts who have a proven track record of continual career growth in the Business Analysis field. At Gentis, we believe a resume can never your talent as well your own words. If you are interested in our Busines Analysis opportunities, please take a few moments to complete our Digital Interview at: https://gentissolutions.hirevue.com/openvue/pGys42SRtG/
The Business Analyst is responsible for eliciting the business needs of the customer to help determine solutions to complex business problems. The Business Analyst is responsible for requirements development and requirements management in accordance to Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) best practices. The Business Analyst will act as the liaison between the business units, technology teams, and support teams. The Business Analyst must have the ability to plan and execute strategic initiatives to take complex projects from vision to reality. The Business Analyst has in-depth knowledge of a line of business and/or is experienced in the industry best practices.
Essential Job Functions
- Collaborate with the teams to build the business case/ project justification, including cost benefit analysis, feasibility studies, and risk matrixes
- Lead the appropriate teams to elicit and manage business requirements.
- Assist in troubleshooting post implementation issues for large/complex projects.
- Assist in project user acceptance test, including reporting and documenting defects, and conducting complex root cause analysis.
- Facilitate the discussion that leads to the build versus buy decision.
- Assist other personnel on assignments including mentoring or providing on-the-job training to more junior associates.
- Mentor team members in business analysis principles, patterns, processes and practices.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
Position/Project Specific Requirements
- Bachelor’s in Information Systems or equivalent comparable business unit experience.
- 5 years’ experience in Business Analysis.
- Six Sigma, IIBA Certification a plus
- Prior experience as Senior Programmer/Analyst or comparable experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills to effectively communicate information to all levels.