Gentis Solutions is looking for passionate, driven, IT experts in the Quality Assurance domain with specific expertise in Automation Testing. At Gentis, we believe that a resume can never sell a person's potential as well as that individual's own words. If you are interested in this outstanding opportunity with our Fortune 100 client, please take a few moments to complete the Digital Interview at: https://gentissolutions.hirevue.com/openvue/VwA7KehTRh/
The Automation Tester supports Quality Assurance programs and processes in alignment with QA strategy. The Automation Tester is responsible for providing feedback on Artifacts developed during Requirements and Analysis Phase within client projects; authoring Test Cases, and performing Test Execution for both project and support related activities. The tester will be expected to do some manual testing as well as automation scripting and test execution with Selenium Web Driver and Java.
- Effectively work in a fast paced environment utilizing the Agile methodology
- Develop and maintain functional automation test scripts utilizing modular frameworks and best practices
- Execute test scripts to validate correct functionality of application
- Use SQL for back-end database validation
- Perform various types of testing including smoke, white box, black box, integration, end-to-end, regression, and system testing as needed
- Participate in requirement & design review sessions; evaluate requirements & design docs from a quality test automation standpoint
- Manage test coverage based on risk analysis
- Document defects and evaluate priority of defect based on overall application functionality
- Coordinate test script reviews with stakeholders as appropriate.
- Adhere to requirement review, defect writing & test script writing guidelines
- Keep QA Lead and management informed of current state of quality and test progress
- Ensure completion of all deliverables within schedule, budget and quality constraints.
- Participate in Root Cause Analysis sessions
- Ensure that projects follow prescribed software development life cycle standards.
- Develop and maintain good relationships with the project team.
- Multi-task to meet assignment deadlines
- Accurately estimate work assignments
- Show assertiveness
- Identify obstacles and roadblocks, and offer suggestions to work around obstacles
- Help drive and improve QA process within the team you are assigned
- Have obtained a bachelor’s degree in Information Systems or have related and equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of relevant experience in software quality assurance
- 1+ years of working in an Agile/Scrum methodology
- 2+ years of using Quality Center/ALM for test case management
- 1+ of using Jira for defect tracking
- 2+ years of using T-SQL or PL/SQL for database validation
- Strong experience testing system integrations/end-to-end scenario
- Able to discern between issues in the front end application as well as downstream systems
- Prefer experience working in a SAFe Agile environment